Animanga
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animanga

Prvi forum o anime i manga ostvarenjima iz Republike Srpske! Pridruzite se zanimljivim anime i manga diskusijama!

PrijemLatest imagesTražiRegistruj sePristupi

Delite | 

Ghost in the Shell Live Action Going Strong

Pogledaj prethodnu temu Pogledaj sledeću temu Ići dole 
AutorPoruka
Anchy the anime girl95
Anchy the anime girl95
Admin
Admin

Ženski Svinja
Broj poruka : 693
Datum rođenja : 21.11.1995
Datum upisa : 25.05.2010
Godina : 28

Ghost in the Shell Live Action Going Strong _
PočaljiNaslov: Ghost in the Shell Live Action Going Strong   Ghost in the Shell Live Action Going Strong EmptyPon Jun 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Citat :
Masamune Shirow’s legendary cyberpunk franchise Ghost in the Shell has had its Hollywood adaptation in the works for some time now, with the latest news being that Dreamworks has assigned Laeta Kalogridis as lead writer.

Seasoned writer Kalogridis is taking over from Jamie Moss, who was originally set to adapt the popular Japanese franchise to a more western market.

She has written scripts for a number of Hollywood films, and is also involved with the Hollywood adaptation of Battle Angel Alita, apparently with few disasters to her credit (although she did help write a Tomb Raider movie).

Also involved in this project are Avi Arad, Ari Arad and Steven Paul of Seaside Entertainment. Avi Arad, formerly of Marvel, has been involved with many of Marvel’s TV and movie adaptations, including such titles as Spider Man and The Hulk.

Dreamworks has planned this adaptation as a “Live Action 3D”, presumably implying a heavy CG component, just as with the anime and even manga versions.

Fans will undoubtedly be watching with bated breath to see how Hollywood handles this major franchise and whether another embarrassingly successful rape ensues.

With such titles as Ghost in the Shell and Battle Angel Alita in the works (and less promisingly, Akira), it seems Hollywood may now be doing more to further the fortunes of anime as an art form than the industry itself, which appears lately to have devolved into obsessively cannibalising an increasingly sterile set of schoolgirl themed titles for the sake of a narrow niche market… Even Hollywood has a long way to sink before it reaches the depths of the moe boom.

Via Variety

Source

Citat :
The scriptwriter for Hollywood’s 2011 movie violation of Ghost in the Shell has stressed the movie will be packed full of action.

Hollywood scriptwriter Laeta Kalogridis told of what to expect from the live action in recent comments:

“A lot of action… lots of action. There’s still going to be a lot of atmosphere – [The movie] is about vast possibilities – all of this technology, the Internet – it’s about the limitless possibilities of this technology. ”

In another interview she goes into more detail, emphasising that the movie is based on the supposedly action-packed manga and not the pretentious pseudo-philosohpical technobabble of the film:

Q: Is that a remake of the 1995 film or is that an adaptation of the earlier manga?

LK: “Ghost in the Shell” was originally the manga. The anime came from the original graphic novel and then — and that anime, as you know, is a relatively famous, groundbreaking piece of material — also generated two seasons of an animated television show as well.

And this is an adaptation of the original manga, the original comic book that sort of began everything.

Q: It sounds like it’s going to be a really intelligent, visually cool sci-fi film. Do you see this as possibly paving the way for more live action adaptations of anime and mangas in Hollywood?

LK: I can’t really speak to the trend because certainly a lot of the stateside comic book sources and even U.K. comics that have been mined, I think there’s always room for new source material just like people.

I also think that a lot of the themes of anime as an art form are much more adult and darker than what people sometimes associate with the kinds of four-quadrant movies.

For me, I don’t really know the answer to that, but I do think that Bill Gibson’s vision of an Eastern-informed West, where so much of our cultural reference points start to come from this shared literary history, I think that that’s definitely happening.

And so, as mythos kind of evolves, and I think anime and manga are slowly becoming a big part of our mythos, I think yes, they’re sort of a natural fit for films.

Much as Akira, Dragon Ball and King of Fighters were.

Expect plenty of pitched gun battles in the dark futuristic streets of Neo-New York as aliens tear the city apart in pursuit of the Crystal.
Nazad na vrh Ići dole
https://animanga.forumsr.com

Ghost in the Shell Live Action Going Strong

Pogledaj prethodnu temu Pogledaj sledeću temu Nazad na vrh 
Strana 1 od 1

Dozvole ovog foruma:Ne možete odgovarati na teme u ovom forumu
Animanga :: Nippon! :: Live-Action filmovi-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Besplatan Forum međusobnog pomaganja | Signalizirajte zloupotrebu | Latest discussions